- The First Eight Years – [2 Hrs Training Credit]
- Mandated Reporter Certificate [6-Hrs Training Credit] Foster Parents are Mandated (Required by Law!) to Report Suspected Child Abuse. (See “Training Topics Offered” or “TRAINING LOGIN” in Menu above.)
- 30-Hrs Training Credit: Parent Project®: “Changing Destructive Adolescent Behavior”
- 14-Hrs Training Credit: Loving Solutions® : “A Parent’s Guide to Raising Tough Kids ages 5 – 10 years”
- 10-Hrs Training Credit: FEMA Emergency Preparedness Training – (See Blog for Details)
- 2013 Federal Mandate Requires Annual Credit Report for All Youth 16 & Older in Foster Care. See “Youth & Credit” in Training Topics. [4 Hrs Training Credit]
- E-Learning Modules:
- Adolescent Development [ 1Hr Training Credit]
- Fatherhood [ 1 Hr Training Credit]
- Talking with Teens About Reproductive Health [ 30 Mins Training Credit]
Advocacy Training for Foster Parents = [2 to 4 Hrs Training Credit]
verb: to act as an advocate
a foster parent who advocates for their foster child.
As a foster parent, you’re already an advocate advocating for your foster child or youth.
After a child or youth has been in placement for awhile, no one knows that child better than you! As their foster parent, you have the right, duty and responsibility to speak up or “advocate” for that child.
This training provides the guidance to successfully advocate with case workers, therapists, medical staff, schools, court, families, etc.
Availability of this Advocacy Training topic: Coming Soon